Sunday, December 11, 2011
Last year, I agreed to co-chair the Holiday shop, part of that agreement, was that I would take it over this year, with of course a co-chair. A co-chair was not only necessary but essential since Amanda is in 5th grade this year, and therefore wouldn't be at the school next year. I also agreed to it saying that they needed to find someone to take over the Popcorn Friday's that I'd been Chairing for 3 years already. So neither of those things happened and I agreed to keep Popcorn Friday if they found me an assistant, and did all of the copies for me - both of which they did (they being the PTA). They did find someone that was willing to Help someone else be the chair - of course that other person got a job, so I guess now the helper has become next year's chair. With all that, our principal decided to condense the Holiday shop from 6 days(1 for each specials rotation) to 3 days. That meant that instead of having 20-25 kids shopping each day we had 40 - 50 with an extra 10 when it was 2nd & 3rd graders because they have 7 classes. So with potentially up to 60 kids in the library shopping and knowing that last year we frequently had kids going back to class late, to say I was nervous would be an understatement. But it is what it is and we couldn't change her mind, so lets do it. The holiday shop people loaned us an extra cash register, We begged for lots of volunteers, and the parents & grandparents stepped up! The PTA president was there everyday, her happy and enthusiastic attitude helping to keep things going. The 2nd cash register really helped and the ton of volunteers helped everything to run smoothly. We not only had less kids going back late, but we made more money than last year. It was a very tiring week, with inventory before and after, counting money every day, Glenn's company Christmas party started at 9pm on one of those days (and yes we went Carrie Underwood was performing), Popcorn Friday was also that week, and I had agreed to help out in Amanda's class on the one other free day. Now I need to start shopping for Christmas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment