Sunday, December 11, 2011

She's still my little girl

Amanda is growing up, she's in 5th grade this year, I'm still not sure if she still believes in Santa - she's not talking about it, and when I asked if she was going to write Santa a letter she said maybe. But yesterday morning we played a game we hadn't played in quite a while. When she was little I played a game with her, that my parents used to play with me, I stole your nose. She loved to play it and as she got a little older she would start to try to steal my nose and ears, and eyes, and every other body party she could touch. So yesterday morning as I passed by her room she called out to me. I went in and laid on her bed facing her, we talked for a little and then i stole her nose - she started laughing and tried to steal mine, but as I blocked her time and again, we started laughing, eventually I was able to steal her ears while still keeping her hands away. We laughed for and played for quite awhile until I finally let my guard down and let her steal my nose. We finally put everything "back" and ended the game. Then last night while we getting ready for bed, Amanda said, "can we play that again tomorrow morning? it was fun". I guess I still have my little girl for at least a little while longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment